all nursery staff, parents, community activists, trade unionists, feminists and kids welcome
Friends of Hackney Nurseries Strategy Planning Afternoon
Sunday 27 June 1.30pm – 4.30pm
Hackney City Farm, 1a Goldsmith’s Row, London E2 8QA
[creche: you need to call 07981070417 in advance to let us know the age and number of kids attending – so we can plan activities and staff levels]
Friends of Hackney Nurseries (FHN) would like to invite you to join us for an afternoon of information sharing, discussion and planning for the campaign for quality, affordable childcare for all. The FHN campaign is at a crucial point – with the Hackney Learning Trust refusing to be honest about its internal processes and with the prospect of further funding cuts being implemented next year, it is imperative that we join together, share information and get organised. The recent campaign has shown that people working together have the ability to create change.
Some initial questions for the strategy day:
– what do we want to achieve with our campaign – in the short term and in the long term
– who do we want to get involved in the campaign
– how do we get them involved
– what actions and mobilisations do we think will work / are we capable of doing
– when should FHN hold our regular meetings and activities
We need community controlled, quality affordable childcare
No nursery cuts in Hackney!